At Assessment Systems Corporation, psychometrics is not a sideline - it is the focus of our business. Our goal is to supply tools and information to support high-quality measurement in completely scalable solutions, from providing a single software program to the completion of the entire test development cycle. Our expertise is available to help you make your tests valid, precise, and defensible.
ASC's psychometric team includes five world-class psychometricians:
- Prof. David J. Weiss, PhD (owner, co-founder, and President) was founding editor of the prestigious journal Applied Psychological Measurement and Editor for its first 25 years, as well as a pioneer researcher on computerized adaptive testing and the IRT that supports it. Dr. Weiss received his Ph.D. in Psychology from the University of Minnesota in 1963, where he has been a professor since 1967 and served as director of the Psychometrics program for 40 years. He is a licensed consulting psychologist in the State of Minnesota. He is also founder and President Emeritus of the International Association for Computerized Adaptive Testing and founding Editor of its Journal of Computerized Adaptive Testing.
- Nathan A. Thompson, PhD (Vice President) has extensive experience in psychometrics and test development, with an emphasis on software tools and accessible explanations of results, as well as the development of accredited certification programs. He received his Ph.D. in Psychometrics from the University of Minnesota.
- Prof. John Barnard, PhD, EdD (Australia, Africa, and Asia representative) has been active in assessment for more than 20 years in various countries. He holds three doctorates (Mathematics, IRT and Educational Assessment) from three different universities in two countries and teaches Psychometrics and Statistics while implementing psychometric theory in consulting work.
- Jennifer Davis, PhD (Senior Psychometrician) obtained her Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota, and specializes in statistical analysis and item response theory.
- Jieun Lee, MA (Psychometrician) is working on a Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota; her interests include item response theory and computerized adaptive testing.