Here are some brief updates and news for September 2012…
Xcalibre 4.1.8 update provides new functionality
A free update to Xcalibre 4.1.8 has been released. Current users can download the update at our support page, https://assess.com/xcart/pages.php?pageid=8. If you do not yet use Xcalibre to produce your IRT reports, you can download a copy at https://assess.com/xcart/product.php?productid=415. The following improvements have been made:
- Polytomous categories with zero endorsement can now automatically be collapsed
- Data Matrix and Item Control Files can now include a header line of identification (helps you keep track of which column is which!)
- Not-administered and/or omitted responses can be replaced with monte-carlo generated model-fitting data in the scored matrix file – useful for sparse data sets
- The scored data matrix file is now saved in the same format as the input data matrix
- Delimited scored matrix files now automatically include header line with same item names used in Item Control File
- The level of precision in the output is now controllable
- Revised manual
ASC now provides complete one-stop-shop for certification organizations
ASC provides FastTest Web (www.fasttestweb.com), a best-in-class software for item authoring, test development, and test delivery. We are currently integrating a module for examinee registration, payment processing, and scheduling for our network of testing centers. In combination with extensive consulting services from our PhD experts in psychometrics and accreditation, we now provide a comprehensive solution for certification organizations large and small. If your organization delivers professional certifications, we encourage you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org!
New credential released: Certified Social Media Strategist
ASC has worked with the National Institute for Social Media (www.nismonline.org) to develop a landmark credential, the Certified Social Media Strategist. This is the first certification designed specifically for the explosively growing field of social media. More information is available at nismonline.org. If your organization is involved in any social media marketing, please forward this message to relevant personnel!
Want to improve the quality of your assessments?
Sign up for our newsletter and hear about our free tools, product updates, and blog posts first! Don’t worry, we would never sell your email address, and we promise not to spam you with too many emails.