Assessment Systems Corporation (ASC) provides a number of free software tools, or psychometric freeware, to facilitate the learning of best practices in psychometrics and test development.
“User” refers to any person or organization that downloads these software tools. The “Tools” or “Freeware” include, but are not limited to:
- Classical Item and Test Analysis Spreadsheet (CITAS)
- Item Response Theory Scoring Spreadsheet
- Contrasting Groups Tool
- Classical Form Assembly Tool
- Item Response Theory Differential Item Functioning (DIF) Graphing Tool
- Job Analysis to Blueprints Tool
2. License The user is granted a non-exclusive, perpetual right to use the software for educational use. ASC maintains exclusive ownership of the intellectual property. Most calculations in the tools are hidden. These tools are provided in Microsoft® Excel® and the User must have a full license.
3. Liability These tools are for educational purposes only. ASC is not liable for any use, misuse, or consequences of use. Before using the tools, the user must test the software regarding fundamental functional qualities desired for use.
4. Applicable law Any dispute is governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota.
5. Support No maintenance, support, or training is provided for the tools.