What can CITAS do?
Simply type or paste your data into an Excel spreadsheet and the statistics populate in real time – no coding or “running” needed. But while simple to use, it still provides essential output, including:
- Mean: The average score
- Standard deviation: An index of the variation in scores
- Reliability: An index of test quality, using coefficient alpha (aka KR20)
- Standard Error of Measurement (SEM): An index of score error that can be used to create confidence intervals
- Item P values: An item difficulty statistic, calculated as the proportion of examinees that responded correctly
- Item point-biserials: An item discrimination statistic, calculated as the correlation between item score and total score
- Distractor analysis: Frequencies of each item response.
More information on the psychometric terms can be found by reading the CITAS Manual.